We've made some important changes to your accounts and associated services and how they operate. The extent to which these changes impact your business will depend on the type of account you have with us and the services you have chosen.
What you should do now
To understand how your day-to-day business banking has be affected, you should:
- Read the information relevant to your business banking.
- Make sure that anyone responsible for your business banking has read about the changes being made.
- Bookmark this website for future reference.
What to do if you have any questions
Because we're committed to bringing you an excellent business banking service, we’ll update this website regularly to give you the latest information about the changes we've made.
Our relationship management team are also here to help you with any queries. If you have any questions about your business banking in general you can call us on 0845 604 0434, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We’ll be happy to help.
We will update this library with supporting documents that will help you understand the various changes that are being made to your day-to-day business banking. You can download and print these documents as you require.
|Subject||Date sent||PDF size|
|Business banking update||May 2011||234k|
|Your statements and invoices explained||August 2011||332k|
- When did these changes take effect?
- Changes to Business Banking took effect on 12 September 2011.
- Are there any more changes planned, and when will you tell me about them?
- Because we are committed to developing our services and to meet the needs of our customers, there is always potential for change. When we do make any changes to Business Banking, we will work to minimise any impacts on our customers and we will always keep customers informed.