Business Account for starting your business
Starting your own business can be as challenging as it is exciting. At Bank of Scotland we understand how nerve-wracking it can be, and aim to do everything we can to make your first months in business as easy and hassle free as possible. You’ll get great support from our dedicated team of relationship managers, access to a range of support services, plus 18 months' free* banking, leaving you to focus your time and energy on getting your business off the ground.
- Free* day-to-day banking for 18 months.
- Support and guidance from your own, experienced, relationship management team.
- Free Sage Planning for Business software designed to support and guide you step-by-step through planning and starting your business. It helps you understand your business' potential and creates a professional business plan.
- Free 90 day trial and exclusive offer of Sage Start-up accounting software. Providing you with the tools to help you start and run your business. Call for more information.
- Manage your account through our extensive branch network, our telephone banking service or online.
18 months' free* day-to-day banking
When you're starting your own business, every penny counts. That's why in your first 18 months with us, you won't pay a penny for:
- withdrawing or depositing cash
- issuing or paying in cheques
- using direct debits or standing orders.
When your 18 months' free* banking finishes, our Business Extra Tariff (PDF) will be applied to your account.
We're here to help your business get off to the best possible start
As a new business start-up with Bank of Scotland, you'll have access to a wide range of information and guidance services designed to help you develop and grow your business. Including free Sage Planning for Business software and free business guides which cover a range of issues start-ups may encounter.
For your free copy of the Sage Planning for Business software call our team on 08453 001 956.
Support from our relationship management team
With Bank of Scotland, support and advice is offered as standard. You'll be assigned dedicated relationship managers who will be on hand to help you with everything from basic banking to specialist borrowing. We empower our relationship managers to be able to make decisions quickly, empowering you to make the most of opportunities as they arise.
Details of conditions, charges and interest rates for this account.
Please visit our terms and conditions section to view all terms and conditions, charging and associated information.
Credit interest is not paid as standard on a Business Current Account.
How to apply
Before applying for a business bank account from Bank of Scotland, you must be able to confirm the following:
- that you are a sole trader, or a partner or director of the business
- you are over the age of 18
- the account is for business use only.
Before you apply
You will need to have the following information available:
- contact details for you and your business
- personal details of your partners / directors (if applicable).
Our online application form takes around two minutes to complete. Once we have received it one of our team will get in touch to talk about your request in more detail.
Call 0845 606 0286.
*Free business banking includes cheques, standing orders, cash, Direct Debits, deposits and withdrawals. All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits. See our Your account charges explained brochure for charges that apply to CHAPS transfers.